Raffle tickets are a fun and easy way to raise money for an event. Whether it is for a fund-raising event, a family reunion or an office Christmas party, raffle tickets are fun ways for people to participate in the greater good with the possibility of winning a cool prize. Raffles can be private, organization based, local or worldwide events.
How Raffles Tickets Work
The event will set up certain prizes. Raffle tickets are then sold, and the people told to hold them until the raffle is held. Raffle tickets are then drawn randomly, and the holders of the winning tickets get a prize. While organizers can be as creative as they wish, offering bulk purchases of tickets and discounts, the basic rules stay the same. The benefit of holding raffles is that donors enjoy the anticipation of possibly winning a prize, while donating to a charity. This makes raffle tickets one of the most popular ways to earn for a nonprofit.
The Benefits of Using Raffle Ticket Templates
Having personalized raffle tickets printed can get expensive, especially if you operate a fund-raising operation and must do this often. An alternative to using costly printing services is to use the raffle ticket template. With the raffle ticket template, you save money. The raffle ticket template also gives you complete creative control. Simply by opening a template in Microsoft Word means that can design it yourself by adding both text and images, all from the comfort of your own home.
Below, we have a small and easy to follow tutorial on how to create sequentially numbered raffle tickets using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Simply choose one of our 30 raffle ticket templates and download it to your computer. Next, begin the following tutorial. This tutorial will take you through the process of using Excel to create the numbering sequence, which you will then save, and import into Microsoft Word.
The exciting thing about our templates is that you are free to customize them, they are easy to download, and you can use them over and over again. These templates will save you time and money and so easy to use, that you can grab yourself a cup of coffee, sit down, relax and create your raffle tickets. Remember you might find other uses for them as well, some may use this sequential numbering system to create price tags for bake sales, and garage sales. Indeed, anything you may require a ‘ticket’ for, you can customize our templates and make them work for you.
How to Create Your Sequentially Numbered Raffle Tickets Using Microsoft Excel
Go ahead and open Microsoft Excel. We are going to use Microsoft Excel to create our automated numbering system. First, decide how many tickets you will need. For this example, we are going to make 900 tickets.
- Column A, Row 1 type ticket number
- Column A, Row 2, enter 100
- Move your cursor to the bottom right corner of Cell A2
- Your cursor will become a solid black ‘plus’ sign
- Pull your cursor down, extending the box to Cell A900
- To autofill, click on the Wizard at the bottom right hand side of the square
- Click on the Wizard and choose “Fill Series”
- Save your file. Close Excel.
Merging Your Excel File with Your Raffle Ticket Template
- Choose the template that best serves your raffle ticket needs, and download it to your pc. Next, open your template and customize the text to reflect your charity. It is important to take note of your placeholder on the template. This is simply the area where you wish your sequential numbers to appear on your ticket.
For Raffle tickets, you will have two placeholders. One for the ticket itself, and the other which is for the piece that is given to the individual who purchases the raffle ticket. This is where you want your sequential numbers to appear on your ticket
- Go to the ‘mailing ribbon’ to begin the merging process.
- Click ‘label’. When the box appears, click ‘cancel’. This action makes ‘Update Labels’ available for use in the ‘Write and Insert Fields’ section, and this is what you want.
- Click on ‘Select Recipients List’ and find your Excel file.
- Highlight your placeholder. Again, Remember, for Raffle tickets, you will have two placeholders. One for the ticket itself, and the other which is for the piece that is given to the individual who purchases the raffle ticket. This is where you want your sequential numbers to appear on your ticket.
- Go to the ‘Write and Insert Fields’ section. Click ‘Insert Merge Field’, and choose your Excel file.
- Next, highlight your second placeholder, and follow the same procedure: Go to ‘Write and Insert fields’ section, click ‘Insert Merge Field’, and choose your Excel file.
- At this point you have both placeholders taken care of. The placeholder for the ticket and the ticket stub.
- If you wish to make your numbers larger, highlight the placeholders, and change their font size.
- Take this time to make sure your raffle ticket is formatted just the way you like it.
- At this point, after formatting and changing the font size, it is time to click your ‘mailings’ ribbon again. Click ‘Update Labels’.
- Click ‘Preview Results’ to check your progress. At this point, your numbers should be on your tickets and in sequential order.
Video Tutorial on Making Automate Ticket Number
Watch this very brief video tutorial on using an Excel sheets and Microsoft Word raffle ticket templates to create bulk tickets with automate ticket and serial numbers. And how to do basic modifications with raffle tickets.
Get Started Making Raffle Tickets the Easy Way, Using Our Raffle Ticket Templates
Making a set of raffle tickets is exceptionally easy to do with our Microsoft Word based raffle ticket template system. Simply download one of our raffle ticket templates to your computer. Next, open the raffle ticket template in Microsoft Word. At this point you can customize your raffle tickets by adding/editing text material.
We are providing up to 30 different raffle ticket template designs representing different events for you to download to your computer. These templates are professionally designed in Microsoft Word and can be used to create a series of ticket numbers on each ticket within Microsoft Word. We guarantee that by using our raffle ticket templates, you will be creating professional looking raffle tickets for your fund-raising events.