An attendance record is a record used in institutions, firms, industries among others by the employers, teachers or those given the responsibility, to record the number of times of appearance or the attendance of a given individual, in an institution such as firms and schools. Simply an attendance record can be referred to as an attendance list used to show that an individual attended a given event, whether a meeting, class, job among others. The record is used to record both the present individuals and absent individuals whether with an apology or not. It is also used to record individuals who are on leave.
It is kept and maintained by the organization and the manager or the person in authority uses the record to track the attendance of the workers or students. It is important to have and keep an attendance list, it is beneficial to both the employer and the employee.
Employee Attendance Record
This is a type of attendance record used in businesses, industries, and firms used to record the employee’s job attendance.
Field Experience Attendance Record
Sign in / out sheet is a type of attendance document used for field works. It is used to record the attendance of students or workers for fieldwork experience or training.
Monthly Attendance Record
This is a type of attendance list designed for one month’s use. It includes the year, month, and the specific date of the month. It is mainly used in schools and institutions.
Official Attendance Record
This is an attendance record used to record the appearance of officials in an organization, for official meetings.
Official Recognized Provider Attendance Record
This is a record used to show the attendance of a training session by an officially recognized provider, sent by an organization, such as the government, NGOs among others.
Printable Training Attendance Record
This is a record used in different organizations and institutions, to record the attendance of workers or students, for a training session.
Safety Attendance Record
This is an attendance record used to record the attendance of safety training and activities by workers.
Sample Monthly Attendance Record
School Attendance Record
This is an attendance record used in schools to record the school attendance by both students and teachers.
Student Attendance Record
This is a type of attendance record used in schools and institutions, used to record the student class attendance as well as the teacher’s lesson attendance.
Volunteer Attendance Record
This is an attendance record document used for recording the number of volunteer appearance of an individual.
How to Create an Attendance Record
- Use MS Word to create the document. An attendance record is created using the MS Word as the document format allows editing and making changes. You must use the MS Word.
- Add the rows and columns. The second step of creating this record is adding the rows and the columns to the existing document. After adding the rows and columns, now you can go ahead and insert numbers and facts.
- Add the names. In the column or row, add the name of the employee or student as well as other facts.
- Add the number of working days. The number of working days must be included in the attendance record. This is where the employee will be signed present or absent. The numbers are added based on the working days.
- Calculation. This is the last part of this record. It involves the calculation of the total hours the worker worked for during that month. It is calculated as a percentage.